- COUNTYWIDE – Volunteer Cornwall now have an online referral form for their Coronavirus support service (for vulnerable people who need assistance during isolation) – https://www.volunteercornwall.org.uk/coronavirusvolunteer?fbclid=IwAR2xdn1uaO4x-2LTfmTQ9ccvTkmaanJlleeX_Vm8DIMxGC6XjDM3XFYYkYY .
- COUNTYWIDE – Benefits and Coronavirus; A handy guide from Cornwall Council https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/advice-and-benefits/benefits/benefits-and-coronavirus/ . Keep an eye on this page as there is an announcement due about the governments Coronavirus crisis grant.
- COUNTYWIDE – The Growth Hub is offering advice to businesses affected by closure. Finds links to advice and their contact details here https://www.ciosgrowthhub.com
- COUNTYWIDE – Cornwall-wide Energy Advice Service Update from Community Energy Plus:
Community Energy Plus is a Cornish charity which provides energy advice and practical help for vulnerable householders in Cornwall to achieve warmer, healthier homes.
To keep people safe and to minimise the spread of COVID-19 we have suspended home visits. However we are continuing to provide advice over the phone to people living across all housing tenures in Cornwall. This includes:
– Advice for pre-pay meter clients about topping up meters during COVID-19.
– Help to understand energy bills, switch tariffs, manage energy debt and other issues with energy suppliers. We can advocacy support to help you speak to your energy supplier if needed.
– Access to grants for heating repairs and upgrades, insulation and other energy efficiency measures.
– Advice on saving energy and money.
– Advice on reducing condensation and mould.
– Links to services provided by other local and national organisations.
Call us on Freephone 0800 954 1956 or 01872 245566 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- COUNTYWIDE – For those seeking support with self employment Outset Cornwall is now able to continue its support and reach out to communities by switching to an online programme delivery with of all training. The use of online training room to hold Outset Cornwall sessions seems like a great alternative. Individuals will still be able to interact with their advisor and the other people that attend the session, as well as see the slides that they are using on your computer screen. Their advisors will connect through webinars, phone calls and maintain contact with each individual. This might also be a good time to introduce you to their additional training platform, Outset Online, which they automatically get free access to once they have signed up to the programme. There is a wealth of experience on the platform, and clients can work through the online lessons to create a business plan, or dip in and out to find out more information about a certain topic to help with their business idea. Contact email@example.com to find out more.