Lanner Parish Council. A meeting of the Parish Council will be held on Thursday 29 August 2019 in Lanner Village Hall. Public Participation will be held at 7pm and the meeting will commence at 7.15pm. Members of the Council are summonsed to attend the meeting, to which press & public are invited. Business transacted will be according to the agenda below. By order of the Clerk, Mrs. E Youlton, 21 August 2019.
A silence will be held as a mark of respect for the late Cllr Mike Rabey.
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of pecuniary and/or non-pecuniary interests relating to items on the agenda and the details thereof.
3. To consider written requests for dispensation.
4. To receive report from Cornwall Councilor John Thomas
- To accept minutes of the Council meeting held on 25 July 2019
- Matters arising from the Minutes not covered elsewhere on the agenda.
- To receive report from Clerk(s) for August 2019.
- To confirm process for appointment to vacancy.
- To receive information regarding Governance Review
- To receive information regarding proposed visit of NHS Kernow Clinical Commissioning Group
6. Financial Matters & Accounts for Payment:
- Clerk’s Salaries and reimbursements
- HMRC – PAYE
- Mrs. Moon – keyholder fees
- Mr. Hall – village maintenance, cleaning and materials
- Mr. Heather – maintenance programs
- P Mahoney – Website updates
- KC Warne – watering hanging baskets
- A Strick – footpath maintenance
- Cllr Wearne – reimbursement for planters
- Contract Signs – stickers
- Amazon & Ebay – emergency plan equipment
- T Marshall – reimbursement for Emergency Plan equipment
- Subscriptions – adobe, hp ink, office 365
- Cornwall Council – rates Cemetery
- and other approved accounts received after the preparation of this agenda
7. Highways and Transport – Cllrs Wearne and Wood
- Update on implementation of mobile speed activated signs and report of data recorded.
- To note installation of planters to act as a physical barrier and attractive feature at land adjacent to entrance splay at Henscol.
- To report on submission to Cornwall Council request to transfer all street furniture at Lanner Square to Parish Council.
- To confirm date of quarterly meeting with Adrian Drake, Cormac
- To receive report on a request for a meeting on speed following recent inquest conclusion
8. MVRG/CPIR: – Cllrs Anson, Luscombe and Wood
- To note date of the next CPIR Community Network Panel meeting: 11 September 2019, 7 pm, at Pool Academy.
- To note date of next MVRG meeting: 11 September 2019, 2pm at St Day Enterprise Centre.
9. Parish Plan: Cllr Wood
- To review and ratify discussions regarding public consultation for review of the Parish Plan.
- Any planning matters of an urgent nature.
11. Police Liaison:
- To receive report of statistics and attendance at a Police Liaison meeting, 19 August.
12. Website – Cllr Wood
- To receive statistics relating to usage – previously circulated
- To confirm date of meeting with Mr Paul Mahoney, Streamline Web-design to confirm requirements for redesigning of website: 10 September at 11 am.
- To consider establishing Parish Council Facebook Page.
- To consider future use of Lanner Life Facebook Group for future notifications.
13. United Downs – Deep Geothermal Project: – Cllr Bosworth
- To receive update on progress of the project and opportunities for grant funding.
14. Christmas Lights: Cllr Marshall
- To confirm structure and terms of reference for sub committee leading this project.
- To receive update regarding supply of electricity to power Christmas lights at various locations, particularly, Lanner Square.
15. Environment: Cllrs Luscombe, Repper, Wearne and Wood
- Footpaths: To receive reports from Volunteer Footpath Walkers
- To receive report regarding diversion of water course and subsequent erosion of path surfaces at Carn Marth.
- To receive update on repairs of handrail by CC at steps off Rough Street to footpath 21.
- To receive update on progress with application to add paths to the Definitive Map and note dates of further ‘drop in’ sessions.
- To receive information from ‘Illegal Use of paths’ group
- To receive information regarding police operations in the parish to address the problems caused by the illegal use of motor vehicles on paths.
- To receive information regarding use of Incident Report cards.
- To receive report on progress with the reinstatement of a barrier along a section where the Tresavean Trail meets the Great Flat Lode, with the support and consent of Cornwall Council.
- To receive reports of vandalism to “No Vehicular Access” signs at Pennance Road/Carn Marth.
16. Community: Cllrs Anson, Bosworth, Luscombe, Marshall, Wearne & Wood
- To note cancellation of events designed to engage teenagers and foster self-responsibility and citizenship.
- To consider donation of funds to Redruth Skate Park Appeal.
- To note cancellation of ‘test exercise’ for Emergency Plan and note arrangements for future redesigned event.
- To note purchase of equipment and storage points to support volunteers in managing an emergency.
- To consider erratic and temporary loss of Post Office outreach services available at the Village Hall.
- To consider application from Lanner & District Silver Band to stage a concert at the Lanner Moor Playing Field – 14 September.
- To confirm printing of summer parish Newsletter and arrangements for distribution.
- To consider quotations for repairs to interpretation board following vandalism.
17. Parish Assets:
Toilets and Playing Fields: Cllr Wearne & Wood
- Safety Inspections
- To report on vandalism and faults following the installation of new toilet doors at Lanner Moor Playing Field.
Lawn Cemetery & Churchyard: Cllr Wood
- To receive update on status of works.
- To receive proposed ‘Service Level Agreement’, to support devolution of works and future management, from Cornwall Council following ‘closure’ of Churchyard
Lanmoor Entrance splays:
- To receive information from Cornwall Council regarding devolution with an interim license to occupy.
19. Items for the next agenda.
20. Date of next meeting: Thursday 26 September 2019
- Planning meeting: Thursday 12 September 2019
- To confirm alteration to October meeting date to be 24 October 2019
21. Confidential matters: In accordance with SO 78 the press and public will be excluded from this item.
Clerk: Elaine Youlton 01209 200551, email@example.com