Lanner Parish Council. A meeting of the Parish Council will be held on Thursday 28 November 2019 in Lanner Village Hall. Public Participation will be held at 7pm and the meeting will commence at 7.15pm. Members of the Council are summonsed to attend the meeting, to which press & public are invited. Business transacted will be according to the agenda below. By order of the Clerk, Mrs. E Youlton, 21 November 2019
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of pecuniary and/or non-pecuniary interests relating to items on the agenda and the details thereof.
3. To consider written requests for dispensation.
4. To receive report from Cornwall Councilor John Thomas
• To accept minutes of the Council meeting held on 24 October 2019
• Matters arising from the Minutes not covered elsewhere on the agenda.
• To receive report from Clerk(s) for November 2019.
• To receive update regarding implementation of Council email addresses to meet the requirements of GDPR.
• To report on attendance and support at the Remembrance Parade – Sunday 10 November.
6. Financial Matters & Accounts for Payment:
• Clerk’s Salaries and reimbursements
HMRC – PAYE
Mrs. Moon – keyholder fees
Mr. Hall – village maintenance, cleaning and materials
Mr. Heather – maintenance programs
P Mahoney – Website update
Festive Lights – lights
Ronnie Richards – defibs
Cllr Wearne – reimbursements
Mr M Caddy – Cemetery project
Mr L Good – Cemetery project
Scribe – accounting package
Redbourne Printers – parish plan
Viking – office supplies
Tesco – parish plan
Lanner Bakery – parish plan
Amazon – signs/CCTV
Mrs T Marshall – reimbursements
Luscombe Construction – cemetery project
WPD – power supply Lanner Square
REC – wiring installations Lanner Square
RBL – poppy wreath
Tretec – Tree survey
Subscriptions – adobe, hp ink, office 365
Cornwall Council – rates Cemetery
and other approved accounts received after the preparation of this agenda
• To receive report on pension provisions
• To note preparations for budget setting and the need to prioritise Council projects.
7. Budget 2020/2021:
To consider and approve the budget and precept.
8. To receive reports on attendance at the following meetings:
• Localism Summit – Cllr Wood
• Planning Conference – Cllr Wood
• Carn Marth Trust AGM – Cllr Bosworth
9. Community Governance Review: Cllr Wood
• To receive report on ‘door to door’ survey completed on Saturday 14 November.
• To receive report on responses to survey and actions taken to inform Cornwall Cllrs of results.
• To note date of Cornwall Council meeting and times for further consultation of residents by Cornwall Council.
10. Lanner Village Hall Trustees – Cllr Wood
• To receive update on process/requirements to affect transfer of hall to Parish Council.
11. Highways and Transport – Cllrs Wearne and Wood
• Update on positioning of mobile speed activated signs.
• To receive report following multi agency meeting held on 19 November to consider possible speed reduction at Comford and other speed reduction measures within Lanner.
12. CPIR/MVRG- Cllrs Anson & Wood
• To receive report following CPIR meeting held on 12 November 2019 – Cllr Anson
• To receive report following MVRG meeting held on 14 November 2019 – Cllr Wood
13. Parish Plan: Cllr Wood
• To receive report following public consultation event held on Saturday 16 November
14. Police Liaison:
• To receive report of police actions to address crime in Lanner and surrounding areas.
15. Website – Cllr Wood
• To receive statistics relating to usage – previously circulated
• To receive update on progress with redesigning of website and provision of a suitable App.
16. United Downs – Deep Geothermal Project: – Cllr Bosworth
• To receive update on progress of the project.
17. Christmas Lights: Cllrs Marshall & Bilham
• To receive update on installation of supply of electricity and supporting infrastructure to power Christmas at Lanner Square.
• To receive update on erection of Christmas tree and lights
• To receive report on art project to create lanterns with pupils of Lanner school.
• To receive update on arrangements for ‘switch on event’; participation of clubs/organisations, position and duty of stewards.
• To confirm all permissions/licenses/permits/insurance have been approved
18. Environment: Cllrs Luscombe, Repper, Wearne and Wood
• Footpaths: To receive reports from Volunteer Footpath Walkers
• To receive update on the use of Incident Report Cards.
• To note meeting of Mining Trails Forum to be held at Lanner on 04 December 1400hrs.
• To note possible CIL project.
• To receive report on progress with the reinstatement of a barrier along a section where the Tresavean Trail meets the Great Flat Lode, with the support and consent of Cornwall Council.
• To receive and note results of tree survey.
• To receive further information on electric charging points.
• To receive information regarding roadside tributes on grass verges.
19. Community: Cllrs Anson, Bosworth, Luscombe, Marshall, Wearne & Wood
• To confirm repairs to interpretation/diorama board, at Carn Marth, following vandalism.
• To consider ‘thank you’ event for volunteers – suggested date Tuesday 10 December 6.30pm.
20. Parish Assets:
Toilets and Playing Fields: Cllr Wearne & Wood
• Safety Inspections/to note repairs to defects
• To receive update on installation of CCTV at Lanner Moor Playing Field
Lawn Cemetery & Churchyard: Cllr Wood
• To receive update on status of works.
• To receive update on ‘Service Level Agreement’, to support devolution of works and future management, from Cornwall Council following ‘closure’ of Churchyard
• To receive report of interim works to hazardous areas of footpath
• To receive update on formation of team of volunteers to complete survey of burials at the Churchyard.
Lanmoor Entrance splays:
• To receive information from Cornwall Council regarding devolution with an interim license to occupy.
22. Items for the next agenda.
23. Date of next meeting: Council & Planning Thursday 17 December 2019
24. Confidential matters:
In accordance with SO 78 the press and public will be excluded
from this item.
Clerk: Elaine Youlton 01209 200551, firstname.lastname@example.org