Lanner Parish Council – A meeting of the Parish Council will be held on Thursday 27 September 2018 in Lanner Village Hall. Public Participation will be held at 7pm and the meeting will commence at 7.15pm. Members of the Council are summonsed to attend the meeting, to which press & public are invited. Business transacted will be according to the agenda below. By order of the Clerk, Mrs. E Youlton, 20 September 2018.
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of pecuniary and/or non-pecuniary interests relating to items on the agenda and the details thereof.
3. To consider written requests for dispensation.
4. To receive report from Cornwall Councilor John Thomas
- To accept minutes of the Council meeting held on 30 August 2018
- Matters arising from the Minutes not covered elsewhere on the agenda.
- To review and report on Annual Parish Assembly held on Wednesday 19 September 2018 – Cllr Wood.
- To report on presentation of Community Awards – Cllrs Anson and Luscombe
- Report on proposed purchase of new laptop computer and screen (subject to Village Hall Committee’s approval).
- To consider whether Tuesday evenings are the most appropriate time for planning committee meetings.
- To consider adopting policies on Community Grants and on Electronic Communications.
6. Financial Matters & Accounts for Payment:
- Clerk’s Salaries and reimbursements
- HMRC – PAYE
- Mrs. Moon – keyholder fees
- Mr. Hall – village maintenance & cleaning
- Mr. Heather – maintenance programs
- P Mahoney – Website updates
- Warnes plants – weed spraying
- and other approved accounts received after the preparation of this agenda
- To note conclusion of publication of closure of Annual Audit by PKK Littlejohn.
- Update on bank account and internet payment facility.
7. Highways and Transport – Cllrs Wood, Wearne and Marshall
- To receive update on actions taken regarding solutions to the problems of speed of traffic, congestion and on street parking at various locations including Bell Lane, Lanmoor Estate and adjacent to the A393.
- To receive an update on use of the bus service for pupils travelling from/to Lanner and Redruth School and provision of school lockers for outdoor wear.
- Speedwatch: To receive update on progress.
- Mobile Speed Activation signs.
- To note meeting with Adrian Drake. 3rd October at 12:00.
- To note removal of overhanging branches at the Churchyard, Rough Street
8. To report on meeting with Mr K Walsh, Headteacher Lanner School – Cllr Wood.
9. MVRG: – Cllr Wood
- To receive report on meeting held on 20 September, 2018, with guest speakers – Cllr Edwina Hannaford, CC, Portfolio Holder Neighbourhoods and Simon Mould, CC, Head of Emergency Planning.
10. CPIR – Cllr Anson
- To receive report on last meeting including any update on allocation of funds for highways and TRO improvements and Action List.
11. Parish Plan Review and Neighbourhood Plan: Cllr Wood
- To report on end of Consultation period of 6 September.
- To note comments submitted on representations made during final consultation period.
- To report on questions raised by the Examiner and note responses submitted.
- To consider request from North Cornwall Cluster to call for a conference from Cornwall Council re: Housing Growth in Cornwall
- To consider any planning matters of an urgent nature.
- To receive statistics relating to usage
- To repeat request for submission of profile for Councillors
16. United Downs Deep Geothermal Project: – Cllr Blewett
- To receive update on drilling rig and commencement of operations
- To consider invitation to appoint a Councillor as a representative on the Grant Selection Panel
17. Emergency Plan – Cllr Marshall
- To report on First Aid Training event on 24th September 2018
- Footpaths: To receive reports from Volunteer Footpath Walkers: – loose post at permissive path at the Tramway.
- To confirm dates for drop in sessions to collect witness statements to support application for inclusion on the definitive map – Cllr Repper.
- Environmental crime – reports of fly tipping, off road motor bikes, anti-social cyclists and dog poo.
- To receive report on progress with installation of mobile CCTV
- To note second phase of weed treatment throughout Lanner.
- To note reports of restricted visibility at the entrance to Lanmoor Estate
- To consider tender for tree survey for trees on Council assets.
- To note application to register 3 hectares as Common Land at Carn Marth
19. Parish Assets:
Toilets and Playing Fields:
- Safety Inspections/signage
- To receive update on progress with installations and testing of electricity sockets at toilets
- To receive report on investigations into operation of hand dryers
- To receive report on damage and rectification to play equipment
- To receive report on installation of replacement curbing around barked areas
- To receive update on charging for use of toilets?
- To note erection of signage to prohibit vehicular access
- To note any responses to letters to land owners and tenants re: prohibited vehicular access
Lawn Cemetery & Churchyard:
- To report site meeting to evaluate topographical survey to support improvement works
- To note proposals for construction of pathway/turning head and parking area.
- To report on meeting with Father Peter Fellows and Mr. J Cockhead to complete administration to effect ‘closure’ of the Churchyard and related matters.
- To report site of Japanese Knotweed and action taken to eradicate.
- To consider Licence to Occupy Land at Henscol from Cornwall Council
- To consider offer of a “planting licence” on area of adopted highway at Henscol.
- To consider tender for the cutting of grass at Henscol
- Entrance Splays Lanmoor Estate
20. Items for the next agenda.
21. Date of next meeting: Thursday 27 October 2018
Planning Meeting: Tuesday 9 October 2018
22. Confidential matters:
In accordance with SO 78 the press and public will be excluded
from this item.
Clerk: Elaine Youlton 01209 200551, email@example.com