Lanner Parish Council – A meeting of the Parish Council will be held on Thursday 27 June 2019 in Lanner Village Hall. Public Participation will be held at 7pm and the meeting will commence at 7.15pm. Members of the Council are summonsed to attend the meeting, to which press & public are invited. Business transacted will be according to the agenda below. By order of the Clerk, Mrs. E Youlton, 18 June 2019.
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of pecuniary and/or non-pecuniary interests relating to items on the agenda and the details thereof.
3. To consider written requests for dispensation.
4. To confirm appointment of Mrs. Tamsin Watson as coopted Cllr and sign declaration of office.
5. To receive report from Cornwall Councilor John Thomas
- To accept minutes of the Council meeting held on 30 May 2019
- Matters arising from the Minutes not covered elsewhere on the agenda.
- To receive report from Clerk(s) for June 2019.
7. Financial Matters & Accounts for Payment:
- Clerk’s Salaries and reimbursements
- HMRC – PAYE
- Mrs. Moon – keyholder fees
- Mr. Hall – village maintenance, cleaning and materials
- Mr. Heather – maintenance programs
- P Mahoney – Website updates
- KC Warne – hanging baskets & weed spraying
- Subscriptions – adobe, hp ink, office 365
- Mike Caddy – cemetery extension
- Barry Webb – cemetery extension
- Evolvis – mobile speed signs
- Contract Signs – motor Vehicles not allowed
- Warrior Warehouses – clips speed signs
and other approved accounts received after the preparation of this agenda
- To confirm accounts for year ending 31 March 2019 submitted to External Auditor, PFK Littlejohn and advertisement made for Exercise of Public Rights.
- To consider appointment of Mr Peter Richards as Internal Auditor for 2019/20
- To confirm the procedure for financial donations to Council.
8. Highways and Transport – Cllrs Wearne and Wood
- To report delivery of mobile speed activated signs and confirm arrangements for commissioning and erection.
- To confirm submission to CN Highways Fund of Expression of Interest for yellow lines at Wheal Trefusis.
- To request police action to prohibit parking of vehicles on the section of highway, for which license is held, adjacent to entrance splay at Henscol and to consider installation of physical barrier
- To note the date/venue of next CPIR Community Network Panel meeting: 2 July 2019 at Pool Academy. Cllr Anson
- To note date/venue of next MVRG meeting – 11 July 2019 at Lanner Village Hall. Cllrs Anson, Luscombe and Wood
- To consider in principle future of MVRG websites.
10. Parish Plan: Cllr Wood
- To confirm the date of a meeting to discuss content, preparation and dates of public engagement and consultation. (Suggested: Thursday 18 July or Thursday 8 August)
- Any planning matters of an urgent nature.
- Report review and rewrite of NDP pages on website.
- To consider the printing and associated cost, of 20 hard copies of NDP. One for each Councillor, one for CC John Thomas and 10 for future/office use.
- To discuss ideas for “Planning Brainstorming” meeting with Louise Wood and Mark Broomhead.
12. Website – Cllr Wood
- To receive statistics relating to usage – previously circulated
- To confirm date of meeting to discuss requests for changes to content, style and design of website (Suggested: Thursday 1, 8 or 15 August)
13. United Downs Deep Geothermal Project: – Cllr Bosworth
- To receive update on progress of drilling rig, operations and noise levels.
- To consider recent information regarding exploration into Lithium mining.
14. Christmas Lights: Cllr Marshall
- To receive report on meeting of Forum – 14 May 2019
- To consider and resolve to permit Christmas Lights Forum to utilise the Lanner Moor Playing Field for the erection of Christmas lights and Grand Switch On from 6 December 2019.
- To receive report on condition of electrical infrastructure at Lanner Square and required remedial works.
- To receive information regarding ownership of decorative poles at Lanner Square
15. Environment: Cllrs Luscombe, Repper, Wearne and Wood
- Footpaths: To receive reports from Volunteer Footpath Walkers:
- To receive update on progress with application to add paths to the Definitive Map.
- To receive report on meeting of Forum to address the illegal use of motor vehicles on bridleways/footpaths & PRoW:
- To consider proposed ‘terms of reference’ for this group
- To consider acceptance of the proposed ’4 Point Plan’ (version 3)
- To receive information regarding the appointment of volunteers to report incidents of ASB in partnership with Cornwall Council Community Protection Team.
- To receive report on progress with the reinstatement of a barrier along a section where the Tresavean Trail meets the Great Flat Lode, with the support and consent of Cornwall Council.
- To note the purchase of “No Vehicular Access” signs for the Trails within the parish and confirm erection at agreed locations.
16. Community: Cllrs Anson, Bosworth, Luscombe, Marshall, Wearne & Wood
- To receive update on proposed events designed to engage teenagers and foster self-responsibility and citizenship
- To receive report on meeting to enable the provision of defibrators within the parish – 26 June 2019.
- To receive report on meeting to arrange test exercise for Emergency Plan
- To consider purchase of proposed equipment to support volunteers in managing an emergency.
- To consider Community Award scheme 2019/20.
- To agree obtaining quotation for production of a summer parish Newsletter, proposed copy date and publication date.
17. Parish Assets:
Toilets and Playing Fields: Cllr Wearne & Wood
- To confirm repairs completed to rocker springs.
- To report on installation of new toilet doors at Lanner Moor Playing Field and consider future improvements.
- To receive report of repairs to fencing at Strawberry Fields Recreation area.
- To receive update on progress with Cornwall Council SOS project.
Lawn Cemetery & Churchyard: Cllr Wood
- To receive update on status of works.
- To receive update on ‘closure’ of Churchyard
- To confirm attendance at a meeting to discuss devolution of works and future management – 2 July 2019.
- To approve cost of work in righting and stabilizing sundial
Lanmoor Entrance splays:
- To receive update on obtaining possessory title of land outside the ownership of Cornwall Council.
- Cornwall Council Survey – Climate Change – becoming Carbon Neutral by 2030
19. Items for the next agenda.
20. Date of next meeting: Thursday 25 July 2019
Planning meeting: Thursday 11 July 2019
21. Confidential matters:
In accordance with SO 78 the press and public will be excluded from this item.
Clerk: Elaine Youlton 01209 200551 email@example.com