Lanner Parish Council – A meeting of the Parish Council will be held on Thursday 26th April 2018 in Lanner Village Hall. Public Participation will be held at 7pm followed by the meeting at 7.15pm. Members of the Council are summonsed to attend the meeting, to which press & public are invited. Business transacted will be according to the agenda below. By order of the Clerk, Mrs. E Youlton, 19th April 2018.
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. To receive report from Cornwall Councillor; Cllr John Thomas.
3. Declarations of pecuniary and/or non-pecuniary interests relating to items on the agenda and the details thereof.
4. To consider written requests for dispensation.
- To accept minutes of the Council meeting held on 22 March 2018
- Matters arising from the Minutes not covered elsewhere on the agenda
- To receive information and update regarding GDPR, role of DPO and changes required to safeguard Council and Cllrs.
- To consider and approve new and revised Council policies and procedures
6. Financial Matters & Accounts for Payment:
- Clerk’s Salaries
- HMRC – PAYE
- Mrs. Moon – keyholder fees
- Mr. Hall – village maintenance & cleaning
- Mr. Heather – maintenance programs
- Mr. P Mahoney – Website updates/NDP printing costs
- Lanner Village Hall – hire of hall public meeting
- SLCC – training for Clerk’s
- Luscombe Construction – supply of rock salt
- Zurich – Council insurance
- CALC – annual subscription
- Cornwall Council – business rates – cemetery
• and other approved accounts received after the preparation of this agenda
• to note new salary scales issued by NALC for 2018/19 & 2019/20 and to note changes to SCP.
• to receive report following Internal Audit for year ending 31/3/2018
• to approve accounts and return to External Auditor, Grant Thornton for year ending 31st March 2017.
• to appoint Internal Auditor for 2018/19
• to consider half yearly Internal Audit
• to consider and approve Council Insurance
7. To receive report on Geothermal Project meeting – 18th April – Cllr Blewett.
8. To receive report on Public Meeting to consider Speed of Traffic throughout the parish – Cllr Wood
9. To receive report of attendance at Improving Stakeholder Engagement meeting – Cllr Blewett
10. To receive report following meetings to discuss potential structure of Community Network Panel for MVRG – Cllr Wood
11. To receive report of attendance of Clerks at SLCC Conference, 18th April.
12. To consider sponsorship and promotion of activities to support the development life skills for under 18 year old – Cllrs Wood & Marshall
- To receive report of AGM and election of Officers.
- To note proposed parking enforcement actions throughout the parish
- To report cancellation of meeting to consider continued difficulties experienced with parking at Lanner School
14. Parish Plan Review and Neighbourhood Plan: Cllr Wood
- To note end of public consultation period 13th April.
- To receive report of comments submitted by consultees
- To receive report on meeting of Steering Group, 23rd April
- Planning: to consider any minor applications received after the preparation of agenda and other urgent planning matters/correspondence.
- Footpaths: To receive reports from Volunteer Footpath Walkers and local resident. Temp. closure of footpath 12;
- Environmental crime: fly tipping, dog poo, use of motor bikes on footpaths/bridleways, CCTV.
- To receive report on progress with installation of mobile CCTV
16. Parish Assets:
- To consider approval of planting scheme at Garden of Reflection and Strawberry Fields
Toilets and Playing Fields:
- Safety Inspections/signage
- To consider placement of picnic benches/notice board
Devolution/transfer of assets:
- To receive information from Cornwall Council following meeting with officers 13th April
- Land at Henscol
- Bus shelters
18. Items for the next agenda.
19. Date of next meeting: Annual Meeting: Thursday 31 May 2018
Planning Meeting: Tuesday 8 May 2018
In accordance with SO 78 the press and public will be excluded from this item.
Clerk: Elaine Youlton 01209 200551, email@example.com