Lanner Parish Council – A meeting of the Parish Council will be held on Thursday 26 July 2018 in Lanner Village Hall. Public Participation will be held at 7pm followed by the meeting at 7.15pm. Members of the Council are summonsed to attend the meeting, to which press & public are invited. Business transacted will be according to the agenda below. By order of the Clerk, Mrs. E Youlton, 18 July 2018, 7pm Public Participation
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. To receive report from Cornwall Councilor; Cllr John Thomas.
3. Declarations of pecuniary and/or non-pecuniary interests relating to items on the agenda and the details thereof.
4. To consider written requests for dispensation.
- To accept minutes of the Council meeting held on 28 June 2018
- Matters arising from the Minutes not covered elsewhere on the agenda
- Consideration of and response to alternative proposals put forward for new Cornwall Council Division boundaries.
- Update on new email addresses for Councillors.
- To consider and approve new and revised Council policies and procedures
6. Financial Matters & Accounts for Payment:
- Clerk’s Salaries and reimbursements
- HMRC – PAYE
- Mrs. Moon – keyholder fees
- Mr. Hall – village maintenance & cleaning
- Mr. Heather – maintenance programs
- P Mahoney – Website updates
- Warnes plants – watering of baskets
- Outdoor Play People – replacement swing seat
- Redruth Glass – replacement panels for Noticeboards
- and other approved accounts received after the preparation of this agenda
7. Highways and Transport
- To receive report on a joint meeting to consider solutions to the problems of speed of traffic, congestion and on street parking at Bell Lane and Lanmoor Estate with Cornwall Council, Ward Member and Lanner School – Cllrs Wood & Wearne
- To receive update on mapping of car parking on A393.
- To consider the effect of proposed changes in respect of school bus service from/to Lanner and Redruth.
8. To receive report on MVRG meeting of 5 July 2018 and reports to be considered at the CPIR meeting on 5 September –Clerk and Cllr Wood
9. To receive update on progress of project to offer activities to support the development life skills for under 18-year-olds – Cllrs Wood and Marshall.
10. To receive report on progress with First Aid Training as part of the Emergency Plan – Cllr Marshall
11. To consider format for Parish Meeting to be held on Wednesday 19 September 2018 – Cllr Wood.
12. To consider response to the survey on the proposed merger of Devon & Cornwall and Dorset Police – Cllr Wood.
13. To consider matters for the attention of the Economic Growth & Development Seminar to be held at Heartlands on 25 October.
14. Parish Plan Review and Neighbourhood Plan: Cllr Wood
- To consider appointment of Examiner.
- To report on progress to Examination and placement of hard copies of draft submission.
Proposal Various works to Elm Tree
Location 30 Strawberry Fields Lanner TR16 5TD
Applicant Pluck and Hall
- To consider the consultation on proposed new Planning Application Validation measures.
- To consider any planning matters of an urgent nature.
- Footpaths: To receive reports from Volunteer Footpath Walkers
- To receive report on specific paths identified for addition to the definitive map and progress with obtaining witness statements to support applications to record undesignated paths onto the definitive map. – Cllr Repper.
- Environmental crime – reports of fly tipping, off road motor bikes and dog poo.
- To receive update on activities/actions at Wheal Buller
- To receive report on progress with installation of mobile CCTV
17. Parish Assets:
Toilets and Playing Fields:
- Safety Inspections/signage
- To note installation of picnic benches
- To note completion of all remedial works – Cllr Wearne
Lawn Cemetery & Churchyard
- To consider quotations for topographical survey to support improvement works– Cllr Wood
- To consider progress in developments for regularising vehicular access along the Trail off Chapel Hill.
- Land at Henscol /Tresavean – response from Cornwall Council
- Report on proposed new Composite Environment Agreement.
- Emails: Mr Rule – speed of traffic at South Downs;
- Mrs Sowell – weed spraying.
19. Items for the next agenda.
20. Date of next meeting: Thursday 30 August 2018
- Planning Meeting: Tuesday 14 August 2018
- Parish Meeting: Wednesday 19 September 2018
21. Confidential matters: In accordance with SO 78 the press and public will be excluded from this item.
Clerk: Elaine Youlton 01209 200551, firstname.lastname@example.org