Lanner Parish Council – A meeting of the Parish Council will be held on Thursday 25 October 2018 in Lanner Village Hall. Public Participation will be held at 7pm and the meeting will commence at 7.15pm. Please note this meeting will be preceded with the presentation of certificates for First Aid training at 6.45 pm. Members of the Council are summonsed to attend the meeting, to which press & public are invited. Business transacted will be according to the agenda below. By order of the Clerk, Mrs. E Youlton 18 October 2018.
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of pecuniary and/or non-pecuniary interests relating to items on the agenda and the details thereof.
3. To consider written requests for dispensation.
4. To receive report from Cornwall Councilor John Thomas
- To accept minutes of the Council meeting held on 27 September 2018
- Matters arising from the Minutes not covered elsewhere on the agenda.
- To consider adopting policies on Electronic Communications.
6. Financial Matters & Accounts for Payment:
- Clerk’s Salaries and reimbursements
- HMRC – PAYE
- Mrs. Moon – keyholder fees
- Mr. Hall – village maintenance & cleaning
- Mr. Heather – maintenance programs
- P Mahoney – Website updates
- Contract Signs – signage
- K C Wearne – Weed spraying
- Cllr Wearne – reimbursement Playing Field/Lychgate
- 3D Design – survey cemetery
- REC – electrical
- Teresa Marshall – reimbursements
- Elaine Youlton – reimbursements
- and other approved accounts received after the preparation of this agenda
- Update on bank account and internet payment facility.
- Consideration of applications for s137 Grants.
7. Highways and Transport – Cllrs Wood and Wearne
- To receive update on actions taken regarding solutions to the problems of speed of traffic, congestion and on street parking at various locations including Bell Lane, Lanmoor Estate and adjacent to the A393 – Cllr Wood
- To receive report on meeting with Adrian Drake. 3rd October.
- To consider enhancements at the entrance points to the village – Cllr Wearne
- To note arrangements for nighttime closure of A393 11 – 15 November
- To note distribution arrangements of 30mph stickers
- Mobile Speed Activation Signs.
8. MVRG: – Cllr Wood
- To note Rural Action List and MV Status Report
- To note Next Meeting and guest speaker: Paul Mahoney (websites)
- To note date of Localism Summit and confirm attendance- 15 November 2018
- To receive report on CPIR and Budget Stakeholders briefing
9. CPIR – Cllr Anson
- To receive report on last meeting including any update on allocation of funds for highways and TRO improvements and Action List.
10. Parish Plan Review and Neighbourhood Plan: Cllr Wood
- To report on further questions raised by the Examiner and note responses submitted.
- To note information from CALC regarding risks of funding litigation as a result of request from Crantock
- To consider the following applications:
Proposal Resubmission of approved application PA18/00482 for the proposed conversion of existing garage/ workshop into ancillary living accommodation to allow for variation of condition 2 to enable use for paying guests and ancillary accommodation.
Location Chy Lowen Tresavean Lanner Redruth
Applicant Mr & Mrs Gordon
- To note comments from Planning Officer:
Proposal Demolition of existing kitchen, bathroom and utility and the erection of a two-story extension to the west side and a two-storey extension to the east side.
Location Cresta Chapel Hill Lanner Redruth
Applicant Mr S Dugdale
Stationing of vehicles Lanner Green
15 Gyllyvean Gardens
Letter from MVRG to Minister re GDPR and Enforcement information.
- Decision Notices:
Applicant: Miss Tanya Bray
Location: 7- Tresavean Terrace Lanner Moor Lanner TR16 6JD
Proposal: Proposed two storey rear extension
Applicant: Mr & Mrs T Uren
Location: 4 Bell Lane Lanner TR16 6AP
Proposal: Erection of a dwelling following demolition of existing domestic garage
Applicant: Mr And Mrs Bough
Location: 3 Phillips Terrace The Square Lanner Redruth Cornwall
Proposal: New conservatory
- To note current Appeals:
Glenmoor Farm, Lanner Moor
- To receive statistics relating to usage
14 United Downs Deep Geothermal Project: – Cllr Blewett
- To receive update on drilling rig and commencement of operations
15 Emergency Plan – Cllr Marshall
- To confirm purchase of addition grit/salt bins and confirm arrangements for positioning and filling.
16. Remembrance Parade:
- To note the date of the date of Lanner & District Silver Band Remembrance Parade – 11th November 2018
- To confirm attendance and representative to lay wreath on behalf of Council.
17. Christmas celebrations – Cllr Marshall
- To note date of switch on and parade – Friday December 7th 2018
- To receive update on proposed lighting
- Footpaths: To receive reports from Volunteer Footpath Walkers:
– Repairs to loose post at permissive path at the Tramway.
– Concern regarding eroded steps from Lanner Green to Tramway
– Mineral Tramways Partnership – Chacewater. 14 November.
- To confirm dates for drop in sessions to collect witness statements to support application for inclusion on the definitive map – Cllr Repper.
- Environmental crime – reports of fly tipping, off road motor bikes, anti-social cyclists and dog poo.
- To note receipt of suggested ‘4 Point Plan and to consider appropriate actions.
- To receive report on progress with installation of mobile CCTV
- To receive update on transfer/planting licenses of visibility splays at the entrance to Lanmoor Estate and at Henscol and discuss cutting frequency and arrangements.
- To receive update on application to register 3 hectares as Common Land at Carn Marth – Cllr Bosworth
19. Parish Assets:
Toilets and Playing Fields:
- To receive update on progress with installations and testing of electricity sockets at toilets
- To receive report on investigations into operation of hand dryers
- To receive report on damage and rectification to play equipment
- To receive update on charging for use of toilets
- To receive report on choice, funding and ordering of new play equipment
- To note erection of signage to prohibit vehicular access
Lawn Cemetery & Churchyard: Cllr Wood
- To note timescale for the proposed works
- To receive information from Cornwall Council regarding grass cutting at old cemetery and churchyard.
- To receive report on repairs to lytch gate
- To note erection of new signage
- Tresavean Mine
- To receive report on meeting with CC John Thomas 02 October
RSN Sound Board on rural banks.
21. Items for the next agenda.
22. Date of next meeting: Thursday 29 November 2018
Planning Meeting: Tuesday 6 November 2018
23. Confidential matters:
In accordance with SO 78 the press and public will be excluded
from this item.
Clerk: Elaine Youlton 01209 200551, email@example.com