Lanner Parish Council. A meeting of the Parish Council will be held on Thursday 25 July 2019 in Lanner Village Hall. Public Participation will be held at 7pm and the meeting will commence at 7.15pm. Members of the Council are summonsed to attend the meeting, to which press & public are invited. Business transacted will be according to the agenda below. By order of the Clerk, Mrs. E Youlton, 18 July 2019
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of pecuniary and/or non-pecuniary interests relating to items on the agenda and the details thereof.
3. To consider written requests for dispensation.
4. To receive report from Cornwall Councilor John Thomas
• To accept minutes of the Council meeting held on 27 June 2019
• Matters arising from the Minutes not covered elsewhere on the agenda.
• To receive report from Clerk(s) for July 2019.
• To consider proposal to strike out Standing Order 100 – Cllr Wood.
6. Financial Matters & Accounts for Payment:
- Clerk’s Salaries and reimbursements
- HMRC – PAYE
- Mrs. Moon – keyholder fees
- Mr. Hall – village maintenance, cleaning and materials
- Mr. Heather – maintenance programs
- P Mahoney – Website updates
- KC Warne – watering hanging baskets
- Subscriptions – adobe, hp ink, office 365
- Cornwall Council – planting licenses
and other approved accounts received after the preparation of this agenda
- To review Council spending against budget and consider adjustments if required.
7. Highways and Transport – Cllrs Wearne and Wood
- Update on implementation of mobile speed activated signs and confirmation of insurance arrangements.
- To receive update on action to prohibit parking of vehicles on the section of highway, for which license is held, adjacent to entrance splay at Henscol and installation of planters to act as a physical barrier.
To report on submission to Cornwall Council request to transfer all street furniture at Lanner Square to Parish Council.
8. MVRG/CPIR: – Cllrs Anson, Luscombe and Wood
- To receive report following CPIR Community Network Panel meeting: 2 July 2019 at Pool Academy.
- To receive report following MVRG meeting – 11 July 2019 at Lanner Village Hall.
9. Parish Plan: Cllr Wood
- To confirm date of meeting to discuss preparations for public consultation for review of the Parish Plan.
- To receive indication of further ideas suggestions for consultation design/events.
- Any planning matters of an urgent nature.
11. Website – Cllr Wood
- To receive statistics relating to usage – previously circulated
- To consider estimate of costs to considerably review and update Council website to improve content and presentation following ideas developed at previous meetings
12. United Downs – Deep Geothermal Project: – Cllr Bosworth
- To receive update on progress of the project and decommissioning of the rig.
13. Christmas Lights: Cllr Marshall
- To receive update on condition of electrical infrastructure at Lanner Square and required remedial works.
- To receive update regarding supply of electricity to power Christmas lights at various locations, particularly, Lanner Square.
14. Environment: Cllrs Luscombe, Repper, Wearne and Wood
- Footpaths: To receive reports from Volunteer Footpath Walkers:
- To receive update on repairs of handrail by CC at steps off Rough Street to footpath 21.
- To receive update on progress with application to add paths to the Definitive Map.
- Confirmation of withdrawal from 4Point Plan and any subsequent response/reaction
- To receive information, following CC ‘training’ event on 23 July 2019, regarding the appointment of volunteers to report incidents of ASB in partnership with Cornwall Council Community Protection Team.
- To receive report on progress with the reinstatement of a barrier along a section where the Tresavean Trail meets the Great Flat Lode, with the support and consent of Cornwall Council.
- To note the erection of “No Vehicular Access” signs for the Trails within the parish at the agreed locations.
15.Community: Cllrs Anson, Bosworth, Luscombe, Marshall, Wearne & Wood
- To receive update on advertising events designed to engage teenagers and foster self-responsibility and citizenship.
- To confirm sponsorship of congratulatory medals for sports event.
- To receive progress report on preparations for ‘test exercise’ for Emergency Plan
- To confirm purchase of proposed equipment and storage points to support volunteers in managing an emergency.
- To consider quotations for printing of summer parish Newsletter and confirm date for copy.
16. Parish Assets:
Toilets and Playing Fields: Cllr Wearne & Wood
- Safety Inspections/signage
- To confirm repairs completed to rocker springs.
- To report on vandalism and faults following the installation of new toilet doors at Lanner Moor Playing Field.
- To consider effective management of new locking system.
- To receive report of painting of fencing at Strawberry Fields Recreation area.
- To receive report on Cornwall Council SOS project at Lanmoor Entrance Splays.
Lawn Cemetery & Churchyard: Cllr Wood
- To receive update on status of works.
- To receive a report following a meeting, 2 July 2019, to discuss devolution of works and future management.
- To receive proposed ‘Service Level Agreement’ from Cornwall Council following ‘closure’ of Churchyard
Lanmoor Entrance splays:
- To receive information from Cornwall Council regarding devolution with an interim license to occupy.
- To confirm transfer of land at Henscol entrance
- Cornwall Council Survey – Climate Change – becoming Carbon Neutral by 2030: to confirm response.
18. Items for the next agenda.
19. Date of next meeting: Thursday 29 August 2019
Planning meeting: Thursday 8 August 2019
20. Confidential matters: In accordance with SO 78 the press and public will be excluded from this item.
Clerk: Elaine Youlton 01209 200551 email@example.com