Lanner Parish Council – A meeting of the Parish Council will be held on Thursday 24 October 2019 in Lanner Village Hall. Public Participation will be held at 7pm and the meeting will commence at 7.15pm. Members of the Council are summonsed to attend the meeting, to which press & public are invited. Business transacted will be according to the agenda below. By order of the Clerk, Mrs. E Youlton, 17 October 2019
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of pecuniary and/or non-pecuniary interests relating to items on the agenda and the details thereof.
3. To consider written requests for dispensation.
4. To consider application for Co-option to Council.
5. To appoint applicant as Councillor and complete Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
6. To receive report from Cornwall Councilor John Thomas
• To accept minutes of the Council meeting held on 26 September 2019
• Matters arising from the Minutes not covered elsewhere on the agenda.
• To receive report from Clerk(s) for October 2019.
• To consider the operation of Council email addresses to meet the requirements of GDPR.
• To appoint representative to lay wreath on behalf of Council at the Remembrance Parade – Sunday 10 November.
8. Financial Matters & Accounts for Payment:
• Clerk’s Salaries and reimbursements
HMRC – PAYE
Mrs. Moon – keyholder fees
Mr. Hall – village maintenance, cleaning and materials
Mr. Heather – maintenance programs
P Mahoney – Website updates
KC Warne – watering hanging baskets
A Strick – footpath maintenance
Cllr Wearne – reimbursements
Mr M Caddy – Cemetery project
Luscombe Construction – cemetery project
Subscriptions – adobe, hp ink, office 365
Cornwall Council – rates Cemetery
and other approved accounts received after the preparation of this agenda
• To note report on pension provisions
• To note preparations for budget setting and the need to prioritise Council projects.
9. To consider applications for financial assistance:
• To consider applications from the following clubs/organisations, as previously circulated:
Lanner Band, Lanner Methodist Chapel, Lanner Good Companions, Lanner School, Defib Project, Lanner NHW, St Johns Ambulance, Sowenna, Cornwall Air Ambulance.
10. Community Governance Review: Cllr Wood
• To receive report on attendance at Public Engagement Meeting, Governance Review, Heartlands, 1 October 2019.
• To note information received from Cllr J Thomas regarding the late submission of a counter proposal from Cllr Ian Thomas, CC & Redruth Town Council.
• To receive information regarding the lawfulness of this proposal from the Community Governance Review Panel.
• To consider further written communication to all residents of the area proposed to transfer to Redruth.
11. Lanner Village Hall Trustees – Cllr Wood
• To receive formal notification from Mrs. Elaine Youlton, Clerk of her interest and role as Chair of the Hall Trustees.
• To consider request from Lanner Village Hall Trustees to transfer the ownership, management and long-term protection of facilities to the Parish Council.
• To receive information regarding the requirements to affect such transfer.
12. Highways and Transport – Cllrs Wearne and Wood
• Update on positioning of mobile speed activated signs.
• To receive information about the highways schemes submitted to Cornwall Council by Cornwall Cllr John Thomas
13. MVRG- Cllr Wood
• To receive update on Rural Status Report, WHS Mining Trails leaflet.
8. Parish Plan: Cllr Wood
• To confirm presentations to be offered at public consultation event on Saturday 16 November
• Any planning matters of an urgent nature.
10. Police Liaison:
• To receive report of police actions to address vandalism, anti-social behaviour and social cohesion.
• To receive report on attendance at Police Liaison Meeting – Monday 21 October 10 am Camborne Town Council Office.
11. Website – Cllr Wood
• To receive statistics relating to usage – previously circulated
• To receive report following meeting with Mr Paul Mahoney, Streamline Web-design to confirm requirements for redesigning of website
12. United Downs – Deep Geothermal Project: – Cllr Bosworth
• To receive update on progress of the project.
13. Christmas Lights: Cllr Marshall
• To receive update on installation of supply of electricity and supporting infrastructure to power Christmas at Lanner Square.
• To receive information on electric charging points.
14. Environment: Cllrs Luscombe, Repper, Wearne and Wood
• Footpaths: To receive reports from Volunteer Footpath Walkers
• To receive update on repairs of handrail by CC at steps off Rough Street to footpath 21.
• To receive update on the use of Incident Report Cards.
• To ratify response to CC to support this project for national award.
• To receive information regarding support from Cornwall Fire Service to site CCTV at vulnerable locations to combat vandalism
• To receive report on progress with the reinstatement of a barrier along a section where the Tresavean Trail meets the Great Flat Lode, with the support and consent of Cornwall Council.
• To consider appointment of Tree Warden.
• To consider information regarding tree survey.
15. Community: Cllrs Anson, Bosworth, Luscombe, Marshall, Wearne & Wood
To receive further update following erratic and temporary loss of Post Office outreach services available at the Village Hall.
To confirm repairs to interpretation/diorama board, at Carn Marth, following vandalism.
16. Parish Assets:
Toilets and Playing Fields: Cllr Wearne & Wood
• Safety Inspections
• To report on further vandalism to the toilets at Lanner Moor Playing Field and subsequent actions.
• To consider installation of CCTV at Lanner Moor Playing Field
Lawn Cemetery & Churchyard: Cllr Wood
• To receive update on status of works.
• To receive update on ‘Service Level Agreement’, to support devolution of works and future management, from Cornwall Council following ‘closure’ of Churchyard
• To consider formation of team of volunteers to complete survey of burials at the Churchyard.
Lanmoor Entrance splays:
• To receive information from Cornwall Council regarding devolution with an interim license to occupy.
Cornwall Council: Localism Summit – agenda
Power for People – electricity bill – circulated.
Tour of Britain – event 2020
Carharrack Feed Stores – feedback on Newsletter
18. Items for the next agenda.
19. Date of next meeting: Thursday 28 November 2019
Planning meeting: Thursday 14 November 2019
20. Confidential matters:
In accordance with SO 78 the press and public will be excluded
from this item.
Clerk: Elaine Youlton 01209 200551, email@example.com