Lanner Parish Council. A meeting of the Parish Council will be held on Thursday 23 January 2020 in Lanner Village Hall. Public Participation will be held at 7pm and the meeting will commence at 7.15pm. Members of the Council are summonsed to attend the meeting, to which press & public are invited. Business transacted will be according to the agenda below. By order of the Clerk, Mrs. E Youlton 15 January 2020
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of pecuniary and/or non-pecuniary interests relating to items on the agenda and the details thereof.
3. To consider written requests for dispensation.
4. To receive report from Cornwall Councilor John Thomas
• To accept minutes of the Council meeting held on 17 December 2019
• Matters arising from the Minutes not covered elsewhere on the agenda.
• To receive report from Clerk(s) for January 2020.
• To receive update regarding implementation of Council email addresses to meet the requirements of GDPR.
• To receive update from Cornwall Council Standards Committee
• To consider production of a spring newsletter
• To consider request from Mr P Langford for production of village ‘Welcome Booklet’
• To consider request for funding from Methodist Church in support of village ‘Welcome Booklet’
6. Financial Matters & Accounts for Payment:
• Clerk’s Salaries and reimbursements
HMRC – PAYE
Mrs. Moon – keyholder fees
Mr. Hall – village maintenance, cleaning and materials
Mr. Heather – maintenance programs
P Mahoney – Website update
Cllr Wearne – reimbursements
Pear Technology – digital mapping
REC Electrical – Christmas Lights
Scottish Power – Christmas Lights
Subscriptions – adobe, hp ink, office 365
Cornwall Council – rates Cemetery
and other approved accounts received after the preparation of this agenda
7. Planning: to consider information relating to the following applications:
Proposal: Replacement of existing barn with permitted development for conversion to residential use with a new build dwelling (amended design)
Location: Simmer East Carvannel Penstruthal Lanner
Applicant: Mr P Condy
Location: Land North East Of Carnmarth House Pennance Road Lanner
To note concerns re: earth works, landscaping and build-up of Cornish hedge.
8. Community Governance Review: Cllr Wood
• To receive further information following Extraordinary Meeting of Cornwall Council (10 December 2019)
• To receive report following FOI request to Redruth Town Council
• To consider consultation process and further actions by Council
9. Lanner Village Hall Trustees – Cllr Wood
• To receive update on process/requirements to affect transfer of hall to Parish Council.
10. Highways and Transport – Cllrs Wearne and Wood
• Update on positioning and effectiveness of mobile speed activated signs.
11. CPIR/MVRG- Cllrs Anson & Wood
• To receive report following CPIR meeting – 22 January 2020– Cllr Anson
• To receive report following MVRG meeting – 23 January 2020 – Cllr Wood
12. Parish Plan: Cllr Wood
• To note any further comments on draft Parish Plan – previously circulated
• To receive update on progress with preparation for print.
13. Police Liaison:
• To receive report of police actions to address crime in Lanner and surrounding areas.
• To receive report of actions taken to address the use of off-road vehicles on footpaths and bridleways.
14. Website – Cllr Wood
• To receive statistics relating to usage – previously circulated
• To receive quotation for construction of updated website.
15. United Downs – Deep Geothermal Project: – Cllr Bosworth
• To receive update on progress of the project.
16. Christmas Lights: Cllrs Marshall & Bilham
• To receive report on taking down/storage of decorations and disposal of tree – 4 January 2020.
• To receive report on return/replacement of faulty items
• To confirm date of next event – Friday 4 December 2020
• To confirm date of next meeting of volunteers – Wednesday 19 February, 7.30pm.
17. Environment: Cllrs Luscombe, Repper, Wearne and Wood
• Footpaths: To receive reports from Volunteer Footpath Walkers
• To receive report on requests for improved signage at path 216/8/1 at Lanner Hill leading to 224/43/1 Wheal Buller to Clijah Farm.
• To receive update of proposed works and continued damage and collapse of a section of hedge, through water run off to Mineral Trail 216/3 at Carn Marth
• Mining Trails Forum: to receive information relating to funding bid and completion of surveys.
• To receive update on “We’re Watching You” trial campaign
18. Community: Cllrs Anson, Bosworth, Luscombe, Marshall, Wearne & Wood
• To note information from Lanner Neighborhood Watch
• To receive update of electric charging points
19. Parish Assets:
Toilets and Playing Fields: Cllr Wearne & Wood
• Safety Inspections/to note repairs to defects
• To receive update on future arrangements for repairs to doors.
Lawn Cemetery & Churchyard: Cllr Wood
• To receive update on status of works.
• To receive update on ‘Service Level Agreement’, to support devolution of works and future management, from Cornwall Council following ‘closure’ of Churchyard
• To consider erection of post and rail fence adjacent to new entrance.
Lanmoor Entrance splays:
• To receive information from Cornwall Council regarding devolution with an interim license to occupy.
21. Items for the next agenda.
22. Date of next meeting: Council Meeting – Thursday 27 February 2020
Planning Meeting – Thursday 13 February 2020
23. Confidential matters:
In accordance with SO 78 the press and public will be excluded from this item.
Clerk: Elaine Youlton 01209 200551, email@example.com