Lanner Parish Council. The Annual meeting of the Parish Council will be held on Thursday 30 May 2019 in Lanner Village Hall. Public Participation will be held at 7pm and the meeting will commence at 7.15pm. Members of the Council are summonsed to attend the meeting, to which press & public are invited. Business transacted will be according to the agenda below. By order of the Clerk, Mrs. E Youlton, 23 May 2019.
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of pecuniary and/or non-pecuniary interests relating to items on the agenda and the details thereof.
3. To consider written requests for dispensation.
4. To confirm appointment of Mrs. Tamsin Watson as coopted Cllr and sign declaration of office.
5. To receive report from Cornwall Councilor John Thomas
6. Election of Chairman
7. Election of Vice Chairman
8. Election of Planning Committee Chairman
9. Election of Councilors’ leading areas of special interest:
- Finance, administration, governance, property, devolution and localism.
- Health, Social care and wellbeing
- Recreation areas and parks, trees, waste and litter
- Community safety & events, fire and rescue, police
- Transport, highways, parking
- Footpaths, bridleways, cycle paths
- Environment, open spaces and Heritage
Representative members on outside bodies:
CPIR Community Network,
Carn Marth Trust,
Mining Trails Forum.
10. Formal adoption of Standing Orders, Code of Conduct, Financial Regulations and Policies for the year 2019/20.
11. To review Council Risk Assessment for 2019/20.
- To accept minutes of the Council meeting held on 25 April 2019
- Matters arising from the Minutes not covered elsewhere on the agenda.
- To receive report from Clerk(s) for May 2019.
13. Financial Matters & Accounts for Payment:
Clerk’s Salaries and reimbursements
HMRC – PAYE
- Mrs. Moon – keyholder fees
- Mr. Hall – village maintenance & cleaning
- Mr. Heather – maintenance programs
- P Mahoney – Website updates
and other approved accounts received after the preparation of this agenda
- To receive report following Internal Audit by Mr Peter Richards for year ending 2018/19.
- To approve accounts for year ending 31 March 2019 and confirm submission to External Auditor, PFK Littlejohn
14. Highways and Transport – Cllrs Wearne and Wood
- To report further information regarding purchase/installation of mobile speed activated signs and confirm order of devices.
- To consider extending the existing weed control contract to include The Paddock, Beauchamp Meadows and the top of Lanner Hill/South Downs.
- To receive report on CPIR Community Network Panel meeting: 15 May 2019 and consider possible comments. Cllr Anson
- To receive report on MVRG meeting and associated projects of 2nd May 2019. Cllrs Luscombe and Wood
16. Parish Plan: Cllr Wood
- To consider outline of method and areas for consideration for Parish Plan Review.
- Any planning matters of an urgent nature.
18. Website – Cllr Wood
- To receive statistics relating to usage – previously circulated
19. United Downs Deep Geothermal Project: – Cllr Bosworth
- To receive update on progress of drilling rig, operations and noise levels.
20. Environment: Cllrs Luscombe, Repper, Wearne and Wood
- To consider consultation Public Spaces Protection Orders: Renewal of existing dogs on beaches restrictions to come into effect from April /May 2020..
- Footpaths: To receive reports from Volunteer Footpath Walkers:
- To receive update on progress with application to add paths to the Definitive Map.
- To receive report on meeting of Mining Trails Forum – 7 May.
- To receive report on meeting to discuss/confirm appointment and training for parish enforcement officers in partnership with Cornwall Council Community Protection Team – 23 May.
- To receive report on planned reinstatement of a barrier by Cornwall Council along a section where the Tresavean Trail meets the Great Flat Lode which appears to be now regularly used as a “short cut” by vehicles and to consider providing some contribution to the work.
- To consider the purchase of “No Vehicular Access” signs for the Trails within the parish and the number required.
21. Community: Cllrs Bosworth, Luscombe, Wearne & Wood
- To receive update on consultation and ideas for a ‘Summer Programme’ of events designed to engage teenagers and foster self-responsibility and citizenship
- To receive report on open meeting to discuss provision of defibrators within the parish – Notes of meeting previously circulated
- To confirm Council will not make oral representation to hearing in relation to application by Open Spaces at Carn Marth.
22. Parish Assets:
Toilets and Playing Fields: Cllr Wearne
- To confirm works completed to address matters raised in annual safety inspection report.
- To finalise proposal for the installation of new toilet doors with chargeable entrance and approve quotation for works
- To receive update on applications submitted to Cornwall Council SOS
Lawn Cemetery & Churchyard: Cllr Wood
- To receive update on status of works.
- To receive update on ‘closure’ of Churchyard
- To consider negotiations for devolution of works and future management
- To seek approval for digital mapping of cemetery and consider digital recording system.
Lanmoor Entrance splays:
- To discuss planting and management policy.
- To consider quotation for tiered planters
- To receive update on obtaining possessory title of land outside the ownership of Cornwall Council.
- Tresavean Mine – to note absence of reply to correspondence from Cornwall Council
24. Items for the next agenda.
25. Date of next meeting: Thursday 27 June 2019
Planning meeting: Thursday 13 June 2019
26. Confidential matters:
In accordance with SO 78 the press and public will be excluded
from this item.
Clerk: Elaine Youlton 01209 200551, firstname.lastname@example.org