Check out the online launch of the first episode of Cornwall’s Climate Stories, a series of inspirational documentaries about climate change in Cornwall, at 8pm on Thursday 25 February.
The first episode of the series ‘Under the Surface’ looks at how climate change is already affecting the marine environment in Cornwall. But it also offers hopeful and motivating stories about great projects happening around Cornwall to tackle the challenges that climate change is going to bring.
The event will be introduced by the filmmakers and will be followed by a question and answer session. This will provide a great opportunity to learn more from the marine experts featured in the film and Councillor Edwina Hannaford, our portfolio holder for Climate Change and Neighbourhoods.
Interviewees featured in the film are:
- Dr Matthew Witt, Exeter University
- Marianne Wootton, Senior Plankton Analyst
- Mark Grantham, Chair of Cornwall Birds
- Ruth Williams, Cornwall Wildlife Trust
- Nikki Banfield, Isles of Scilly Wildlife Trust
- Fiona Crouch, Natural England
- Tim van Berkel, Cornish Seaweed Company
- James Doddrell, ARC Marine
If you can’t make the premiere, the film will be free to view on the Cornwall Climate Care website from 26 February.